120v AC -> 12v DC for Audio Components

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120v AC -> 12v DC for Audio Components

I'm looking to build out a simple but clean 12v DC source for some audio components I have. I'm a novice when it comes to circuit design (breadboarding, arcade machine repair, etc.) so I'm looking for advice on how to best design this circuit.

In the end i would love to replace the wall wart SMPS with this linear circuit and build it out to support multiple outputs (5v, 9v, 12v, 16v). So I know I'll need to crank up the transformer to support these additional draws.

My questions to the community of experts: How does my first stab look to you?

I tried to setup the RC timings so the caps should discharge without impacting power while the unit is operational.

What are some improvements I can make to the overall design to ensure higher reliability, safety and quality of the power signal?

Thanks in advance!

Tags: gratis tonos para celular, ringtone downloads, descargar sonidos para celular, sms ringtones
    Last edited by jackadam; January 19th, 2017, 01:44 PM.

Originally posted by jackadam View Post
    I'm looking to build out a simple but clean 12v DC source for some audio components I have. I'm a novice when it comes to circuit design (breadboarding, arcade machine repair, etc.) so I'm looking for advice on how to best design this circuit.

In the end i would love to replace the wall wart SMPS with this linear circuit and build it out to support multiple outputs (5v, 9v, 12v, 16v). So I know I'll need to crank up the transformer to support these additional draws.

My questions to the community of experts: How does my first stab look to you?

I tried to setup the RC timings so the caps should discharge without impacting power while the unit is operational.

What are some improvements I can make to the overall design to ensure higher reliability, safety and quality of the power signal?

Thanks in advance!
    Dear Jackadam,

The image you uploaded was very small.

Kindly resubmit the image.

Comment

Fresh & New Discussions

Collapse

Most Discussed

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 167 users online. 10 members and 157 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,707 at 07:10 PM on September 4th, 2016.

Working...
    X