Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple IoT project for home automation

Hi,

I would like to do an IoT based project that will be used to control the appliances in my home. If I want to incorporate two-three devices controlled via wireless connection, what are all components I want to have?

Is raspberry pi only will suit my needs or are there any other better low cost solutions?

Also, please suggest me the sensor modules I can use.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by salahgafoor View Post
    Hi,

I would like to do an IoT based project that will be used to control the appliances in my home. If I want to incorporate two-three devices controlled via wireless connection, what are all components I want to have?

Is raspberry pi only will suit my needs or are there any other better low cost solutions?

Also, please suggest me the sensor modules I can use.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to our forum.

For your query, we have a video, hope it can help.
    Make good use of your android based smartphone and raspberry Pi for creating a home automation system. Using a simple user interface,control appliances

Comment

There are low cost solutions apart from Raspberry Pi such as esp8266 you could try.
      It provides you simplified programming interface such as Arduino like programming or through python/lua scripts.

Its very chip solution to control devices.

Comment

Originally posted by forum-admin View Post

Welcome to our forum.

For your query, we have a video, hope it can help.
        Hi, I need a system that should be always connected to the wireless modem in my house and system should be controllable though a smartphone remotely. What are all the changes need to do in this regarding connectivity?

Comment

Yes esp8266 is cheap small and cheap solution and if you don't want to do it yourselves there is ready-made solutions available for 1 to 8 switches at around Rs. 600 to 2500 range on eBay or Amazon or many component seller websites.

Comment

Originally posted by engineershrenik View Post
            There are low cost solutions apart from Raspberry Pi such as esp8266 you could try.
            It provides you simplified programming interface such as Arduino like programming or through python/lua scripts.

Its very chip solution to control devices.
            If I'm using any low power microcontroller(from TI or some other), how can I make it impart the connectivity? Would that be a feasible solution or do I need to use raspberry pi?

Comment

Originally posted by vrsolanki View Post
              Yes esp8266 is cheap small and cheap solution and if you don't want to do it yourselves there is ready-made solutions available for 1 to 8 switches at around Rs. 600 to 2500 range on eBay or Amazon or many component seller websites.
              THANKS.. I can look into this. Can you please elaborate on the things I need to concentrate on like cloud space, android app development environment etc. in a cost effective way.?

Comment

Most Discussed

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 135 users online. 6 members and 129 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,707 at 07:10 PM on September 4th, 2016.

Working...
              X