Led in parallel and switched NPN transistors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led in parallel and switched NPN transistors

I have the following circuit designed to drive 3 PWM pins off a 3v3 Arduino Pro Mini -- one pin for each of R, G, B in this set of 5 RGB LEDs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	awQHx.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	808

At first ,my questions are:

Is this a reasonable design?

How do I determine the resistor settings for both the base transistor resistors (2N3904), and the LED resistors?

Is there a way to simplify/minimise on power wastage, resistor usage, etc?

Then I looked into some books and websites and I figured out some ideas.But I'm not sure if I'm right.So please give me some suggestions.Thanks a lot.
    Electronics For You ( EFY / E4U ) is the world's #1 source for news on electronics, interviews, electronics projects, videos, tool reviews and more!
    Last edited by jayke; February 8th, 2017, 02:44 PM.

Here's the datasheet of 2N3904 for your reference : http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf8798/2N3904.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by jayke View Post
      I have the following circuit designed to drive 3 PWM pins off a 3v3 Arduino Pro Mini -- one pin for each of R, G, B in this set of 5 RGB LEDs. Attachment

At first ,my questions are:

Is this a reasonable design?

How do I determine the resistor settings for both the base transistor resistors (2N3904), and the LED resistors?

Is there a way to simplify/minimise on power wastage, resistor usage, etc?

Then I looked into some books and websites and I figured out some ideas.But I'm not sure if I'm right.So please give me some suggestions.Thanks a lot.
      Please share a large size image of the circuit.

Comment

Most Discussed

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 203 users online. 5 members and 198 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,707 at 07:10 PM on September 4th, 2016.

Working...
      X