capcitor vs current

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capcitor vs current

How to find maximum discharging current of capacitor? is any simple relation between capacitance and current if exist please post the relation.

The same question was once asked in edaboard.com...Hope this link will be helpful to you http://www.edaboard.com/thread222232.html

Comment

also go through this :- http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...ic/capdis.html

Comment

Hope this site would help you
        http://tap.iop.org/electricity/capac...age_46197.html

The link Tapas Pattnaik provided is also very useful for finding the values.

Comment

Originally posted by remeshlogo View Post
          How to find maximum discharging current of capacitor? is any simple relation between capacitance and current if exist please post the relation.
          that's the best link provide by Tapas Pattnaik.

Capacitor Discharge

Capacitor Charge

Comment

Originally posted by RAMAKANTA View Post
            that's the best link provide by Tapas Pattnaik.

Capacitor Discharge

Capacitor Charge
            Atleast everyone who wants to know should go through it once..

Comment

The hyperphysics link is truely awesome to calculate any parameter for capacitors. I honestly don't think that there is any simple formula to calculate a capacitor's discharging current. You may have to follow a some procedures and use some formulas to calculate some parameters before calculating discharging current. Correct me if I am wrong, I need to find out Voltage at time=0, Voltage at time=infinity and Voltage at time=t. Then, use the formula I = C*dV/dt.

printed circuit assembly
              Last edited by dergi; August 14th, 2013, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dergi View Post
                The hyperphysics link is truely awesome to calculate any parameter for capacitors. I honestly don't think that there is any simple formula to calculate a capacitor's discharging current. You may have to follow a some procedures and use some formulas to calculate some parameters before calculating discharging current. Correct me if I am wrong, I need to find out Voltage at time=0, Voltage at time=infinity and Voltage at time=t. Then, use the formula I = C*dV/dt.
                Yes.But still once go through the link i have posted above.You can know many more details about the query.

Comment

Originally posted by Tapas Pattnaik View Post
                  Yes.But still once go through the link i have posted above.You can know many more details about the query.
                  For better idea search for Capacitor Leakage Current Tester. It is used for Testing Capacitor Performance. I work some part in which at different voltage level different Current Time curve obesrve

Comment

Charging a capacitor :- http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...capchg.html#c1

Capacitor Charging Equation :- http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...ic/capdis.html

Comment

This is an amazing invention of Michael Farad Really Appreciable

Comment

i=c*dv/d so theoretical answer is infinite current. In practice, it is lesser than Infinity and one cant have infinitely fast changing currents in a finite inductor either without developing infinite voltages. Depends on material, dielectric relaxation time, parasitic inductance of leads etc & other material properties of solids, amorphous materials, highly non linear types of stuff with voltage, temperature, aging and host of details.. Best is always to follow manufacturers guidelines and be safe.

Comment

Current is most powerful than capacitor and Current is go any thing electric city products

Comment

Originally posted by james.brown View Post
                            Current is most powerful than capacitor and Current is go any thing electric city products
                            """Current is most powerful than capacitor. Current is go any thing electric city products""
                            what does it means.

Comment

See u can't compare 2 parameter. Electric parameter is different & component level is different.

Comment

Most Discussed

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 97 users online. 10 members and 87 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,707 at 07:10 PM on September 4th, 2016.

Working...
                              X