• Show
Clear All

• Wireless Router Network Diagram

Click image for larger version

Name:	3002c3c9264ff6dd28a24978402708d0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	41

This diagram illustrates use of a Wi-Fi wireless network router as the central device of a home network. See below for a detailed description of this layout.

Key Considerations -
    All devices connecting to a wireless router must possess a working network adapter. As illustrated in the diagram, connecting to the router a broadband modem (that has one or more built-in adapters) enables sharing of a high-speed Internet connection.

Wireless routers technically allow dozens of computers to connect over WiFi links. Nearly any residential wireless router will have no trouble supporting the number of wireless devices found in typical homes. However, if all WiFi computers attempt to use the network at the same time, slowdowns in performance should be expected.

Many (but not all) wireless network routers also allow up to four wired devices to be connected via Ethernet cable. When first installing this kind of home network, one computer should be cabled to the wireless router temporarily to allow initial configuration of the wireless features. Employing Ethernet connections after that is optional. Using permanent Ethernet connections make sense when the computer, printer or other device lacks WiFi capability or cannot receive an adequate wireless radio signal from the router.

Optional Components - Networking the router for Internet access, printers, game consoles and other entertainment devices is not required for the rest of the home network to function. Simply omit any of these components shown that do not exist in your layout.

Limitations - The WiFi portion of the network will function only to the limit of the wireless router's range. The range of WiFi equipment varies depending on many factors including layout of the home and any radio interference that may be present.

If the wireless router does not support enough Ethernet connections for you needs, add a secondary device like a network switch to expand the wired portion of the layout.
    http://compnetworking.about.com/od/h...rk-Diagram.htm

Wireless router modem network.

Well, @Tapas, i just learnt about it conceptually and theoretically under our syllabus, but no any one couldn't clear the concept in detail. But the diagram you posted cleared my concept today... Nice sharing... Thanx... Keep Posting...

Comment

You are always welcome brother.@Ajinkya

Comment

Originally posted by Tapas Pattnaik View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	3002c3c9264ff6dd28a24978402708d0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	41
        If the wireless router does not support enough Ethernet connections for you needs, add a secondary device like a network switch to expand the wired portion of the layout.
        and if Wireless limitation is to be extended one have to use wireless BOOSTER

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/w...dwifirange.htm

http://www.wirelessrouterboosters.org/

http://wi-fi-booster-review.toptenreviews.com/

http://www.toptenreviews.com/i/rev/s...wn2000rpt2.jpg

Comment

@mkbutan-Thanks for sharing such.

Comment

thanks for sharing bro

Comment

@Nitesh- You are welcome.

Comment

Fresh & New Discussions

Collapse

Most Discussed

Collapse

• ElectronicsForYou
                Introducing GR Kaede Design Contest 2015! Prizes worth 3,50,000 INR to be won!
                ElectronicsForYou
                Do you remember the GR-Sakura 2013 contest? Do you remember all the fun and the madness? Well the contest is back with another set of Renesas board series GR-Kaede. Kaede is the latest Arduino compatible board from the same...
                August 1st, 2015, 02:04 PM
              • Aravind Putrevu
                How to calculate amount of water flown in a pipe ? Sensors ?
                Aravind Putrevu
                Hi,

I have a question.

How to calculate amount of water flown in a pipe ? Is there any specific sensor that i can build up or...
                August 29th, 2015, 08:35 PM
              • Vivekgv
                need help to choose a right technology
                Vivekgv
                Dear All,

I am working on a industrial IOT requirement for which I have to build a prototype.
                Since in this group many of you guys...
                August 5th, 2015, 04:31 PM
              • khiremandar
                CE certifed Voltage Stabilizer for Home?
                khiremandar
                Hi,
                I am Mandar Khire. I live at Pune, Maharashtra.
                This is my 1st question at this forum.
                I am looking for voltage stabilizer for home...
                August 12th, 2015, 03:45 PM
              • Ayush Jain
                AVR USB INTERFACE
                Ayush Jain
                Hey,
                I have made a project with AVR and have interface that to PC using MAX232 and Serial to USB convertor. I need to remove both MAX232 and serial...
                August 19th, 2015, 07:49 PM
              • ElectronicsForYou
                Favourite Development Board
                ElectronicsForYou
                Which is your Favourite Development Board and why?

It should consider various parameters like Price, Quality, Compatibility, Ease of Use, etc.
                August 28th, 2015, 02:20 PM
              • Amit7432
                Quadcopter
                Amit7432
                Hey guys I'm working on quadcopter for minning industry and just need to know which camera should i use so that it suits the conditions. My supervisor...
                August 29th, 2015, 04:52 PM
              • Tibzitsohn
                Tibzitsohn
                Often it is seen whether it is child or adult person they have great lacking of concentration while they cannot concentrate their minds on one specific...
                August 5th, 2015, 01:31 PM
              • vini9213
                Design of Dc to Dc converter
                vini9213
                For a series hybrid electrical vehicle,the power from the engine(1000rpm,60v,25A,gear ratio 1:3) 1.5kw is given to the six 8v lead acid batteries. So...
                August 18th, 2015, 03:06 PM
              • Jagdish
                Jagdish
                U check low weight blade. Than according to blade u select motor. Blade may be some plastic type material.. As weight increase more powerful motor require...
                August 21st, 2015, 10:20 AM

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 64 users online. 0 members and 64 guests.

Most users ever online was 964 at 06:33 PM on July 12th, 2015.

Working...
              X