Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12V to 96V or 24V to 96V

hi .. I need one help
    I want to design a circuit which can boost 12V DC to 96V DC or 24V DC to 96V DC and which can also hold 9-11A as well
    Note: This circuit will run 20 hours so want no heating // other issue .. anything possible?

Such a system is not possible.

The current ratings for boost parts are the peak switch current ratings, not the output current. The switch current is dependent both on the output current and also on the amount of boost in voltage that is required in the design. So for designs which require a large increase in voltage, the switch current is much greater than the output current. Energy must be conserved by the following equation:

Pout = Pin * Efficiency

or

Iin = (Vout * Iout)/(Vin * Efficiency) which approximately = Iswitch

For this design if we assume 85% efficiency:

Iswitch = (96 * 11) / (12 * .85) = 103.53 A

Comment

Originally posted by Gaurav Mishra View Post
      Such a system is not possible.

The current ratings for boost parts are the peak switch current ratings, not the output current. The switch current is dependent both on the output current and also on the amount of boost in voltage that is required in the design. So for designs which require a large increase in voltage, the switch current is much greater than the output current. Energy must be conserved by the following equation:

Pout = Pin * Efficiency

or

Iin = (Vout * Iout)/(Vin * Efficiency) which approximately = Iswitch

For this design if we assume 85% efficiency:

Iswitch = (96 * 11) / (12 * .85) = 103.53 A

sir I have 2 batters for 12V 150AMP each..
      and I want a circuit which can give content 96V and can HOLD 9-11AMP and should not give any kind of problem because I will run that circuit 20hours perday .. so is there any way I can get info about that circuit ....

Comment

Dear Ubaid,

DC-DC boosting requires switching. For such Hign voltage, switching currents are impractically high.

Hence , it is not possible to the best of my knowledge to be able to boost up to your requirements.

I tried simulations using all possible combinations like connecting the batteries in series and then boosting it or boosting individually and then connecting in series/parallel.

But I am unable to find a solution using DC-DC boosts.

There are too many problems in 12 to 96V conversions.

What is the 96V load you are trying to use?

Regards
        Last edited by Gaurav Mishra; June 12th, 2016, 03:23 PM.

Comment

go to this link http://www.powerstream.com/dcdc-72V.htm

Comment

Basic block is similar to inverter which give AC output from DC battery when mains fail or absent. In your application u require DC so u can again add rectifier,filter & get DC. Please note battery voltage & current decide your backup time.

Comment

Fresh & New Discussions

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 109 users online. 10 members and 99 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,707 at 07:10 PM on September 4th, 2016.

Working...
            X